- And what is your degree?
- About pleonasm.
- What is it? / Do not swear. / Damn, yeah, something I've heard this. / Strange, too, like linguistics, teaching, and this did not pass.
Here are the most frequent response to the topic of my diploma.
I think it's time to tell what pleonasm. first couple of examples:
my own opinion
young boy
latest
leave the room (it's grammatical, required)
I think he will come (it's syntax)
I want to explain how I do out on the subject. Initially, the intention was to write what errors make the German language by native speakers and how they differ from those that we do studying. To do this, of course, I turned to books von Bastian Sick. Many have heard of the three volumes "Der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod". It was there that I first encountered this phenomenon.
Krugosvet says: pleonasm -
it duplication of some element of meaning , availability several linguistic forms expressing the same meaning within the completed segment of speech or text
I do not like verbosity. When a simple idea explain about 40 minutes, do not know why, just repeating the same thing in different forms. Actually, I do not really like it when people repeat - when they tell me the same thing several times (yes, sometimes forgetting that I was of them had already heard, but forgetfulness - not an excuse). And I do not like me to verbosity. For example, when you need to write a diploma at 60 pages, I could tell the whole story in 10 minutes.
pleonasm sometimes be useful - for example, if a person asked the views of other photos, which he did. This may be another answer: "I like it." Or say "Yes, I really like, just awesome - Well photographed. "
pleonasm often have a function, I do not deny it. Sometimes they act as a stylistic device for painting speech. Or they need to better understand what was said - of course, if you repeat 3 times the same thing, you learn the information better.
Man does not like restrictions and borders. him all the time you need to be able to go any further, even if on the way there. Therefore optimal becomes am optimalsten , and instead der letzte we hear der allerletzte .
information equally. But why, why need to waste words, and repeated to make a mark? I'm against it. better to say less, but sincere.
For comparison:
1. ( Normal proposal ) He walked home.
2. ( pleonastic proposal ) This individual male in the past tense deliberately carried out the process of transportation from walking at normal speed in the direction of the object represents a place of permanent residence of the individual.
A little German examples. filled pleonasm speech delivered футбольный комментатор Вернер Ханш осенью 2001 года:
"Ladies and gentlemen, dear viewers front of the screens is 15 clock 30 afternoon, the bright sun shines! over the green grass in Westphalia stadium in Dortmund ! It's the 67th Minute der zweiten Halbzeit des traditionellsten Ruhrgebietsderbys BVB gegen Schalke 04 . Die gelbschwarzen Dortmunder haben den runden Ball gegen flächendeckend harmlose Schalker ".
Now forget about pleonasm once and for all and listen to fucking beautiful song. But who asked the girl, who listened to her with big headphones on the balcony). I like the idea broken into fragments of pictures on her wall (See "Rate the moonlight"), will have to also imagine something like this to stir up.
0 comments:
Post a Comment